- Augury Magic
- The day to day spells of detection and communication. Once cast, spells of detection
must overcome the target's concealment, spells of communication and transportation simply
manifest the effect.
- Physical Magic
- Those spells making physical changes in/to the physical plane through the expenditure of
etheric energies. Casting success indicates that the effects materialize as desired. If
the spell is intended to do damage it is treated as a (usually missile) weapon and does
damage as such. No personal resistance from the target except armor, shield, or combat
tactics will help.
- Coercive Magic
- Coercive magic attempts to directly intervene in the cognitive processes of the target.
This is heavily resisted by any intelligent being and nearly impossible to non-intelligent
creatures. Once the spell is successfully cast, the power therein must overcome the
target's resistance to having his thinking changed for him. The caster rolls the same
number of die required to cast the spell, adding one for each level of advanced training
in that spell. This time the caster must roll equal to or greater than the target's Wisdom
attribute for success.
- Constitutive Magic
- These are the spell skills able to enact, establish and modify "reality"
through the suspension or supercession of the laws of physics or biology. There are NO
affinity advantages for this spell class.
- Illusive Magic
- The primary axiom of Illusive Magic is to fool the senses into believing that what is
not, is and that what is, is not. This simple concept gives rise to some of the most
powerful capabilities available from the Magic Skill. Illusions are successfully created
upon completion of the caster's test. Anyone coming in contact with the illusion, for as
long as it exists, will believe fully in the illusion until such time as it's reality can
be questioned. Disbelief is initiated whenever the sense limits of the spell are exceeded
by the target. The GM should cause Disbelief tests to be made by the players in ignorance,
or make the test rolls himself.
- Miraculous Spell Skills
- These are the skills of reverence and faith cast exclusively with the Prayer Method. The
mediŠval European mindset was pervaded by the teaching and mythology of the Holy Roman
Church. This mindset bestowed the ability of certain relics to impart power in fighting
evil, the ability of clergy to bring the wrath of God down upon the ungodly, and the
ability of a noble and honorable knight to vanquish pagan enemies due to his own
- Therapeutic Magic
- Therapeutic Spells are utilized to temporarily mend the body, so that the recipient can
continue to function until such time as the body manages to heal itself. All such spells
must therefore be maintained until the recipient has recovered.
- Traumatic Magic
- Traumatic spells are utilized to affect direct physical damage to a living being.
Similarly to Therapeutic spells, the effects are actually temporary. These effects must be
maintained by the caster in order to accumulate or cause death.
- Protective Magic
- Spells that can protect a mage from another's castings.